Never Give Up

Follow your dreams and never give up, goes the saying (and Cara D on Instagram). So I'm going to do exactly that and not give up wine in January. Obviously I will be drinking less owing to the mince pie & madeira madness of last month but otherwise I hope to be sipping something delicious in the evening more often than not, albeit slowly. Flicking through the food pages in yesterday's papers, everything was green (kale, leeks, savoy cabbage). It all looked pretty amazing, just what I should be cooking right now. But instead of concentrating on the food, I was dreaming about the possible wine matches. So I will indeed follow my dreams and not give up. Wishing you love and happiness in 2015. Now, pass your glass.

Current white in the fridge: Cono Sur Reserva Especial Sauvignon Blanc 2013, £7.99 on offer (normally £9.99), Waitrose
All that green food made me think of green wine. Not literally, but in terms of flavours - limes, grapefruit, gooseberries. All of which can be found in liquid form in a glass of this. Now that's what I call a ready meal. Gorgeous, bright and lovely, this throws rays of light on the taste buds. And because it's on offer, I'm practically saving money when I'm drinking it (same goes for buying clothes in the sale). This'll last all week in the fridge door, unless my mother pops in for a glass tomorrow night.

Current red in the rack: Dark Horse Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, £6.74 on offer until Wednesday (normally £8.99), Tesco
This bottle was one of the few survivors post-Christmas and so it was scooped up and taken to the in-laws for lunch on Sunday. After a 14 hour car journey back from France the day before (our first family skiing holiday - was amazing!), it was such a treat to be cooked for. And my MIL's Mediterranean lamb (slow roasted with tomatoes, olives, rosemary and garlic) and a mountain of mash and vegetables worked a treat with this smooth, black-fruited beauty from California. 

Chin chin x

Labels: , , , , , , , ,